Friday, May 28, 2010

Have a Great Memorial Day Weekend!

So I am committed to this blog now. I have passed off the Facebook posting responsibilities for our store page to Paula and will now be blogging regularly. You can expect thought on lots of different topics here. It won't be all about cars; in fact it won't be much about cars.

If you use a news reader, I have added the gadget that allows you to subscribe to this nonsense. The subscription is priced right anyway! If you have thoughts or comments, please respond. Dialogue is much more fun than monologue.

So my wife, Judy, and 14 year-old daughter, Sarah, are off to DC to see our other daughter, Rachel, for the extended weekend. I know they are looking forward to their visit. I'm sure Rachel has all kinds of plans.

With the college-student son, Alex, in Omaha for the summer, that leaves me at home alone. I have my (Judy's) list written with dry-erase marker on the bathroom mirror: feed the dogs, water the flowers, and water the garden. That leaves the rest of the weekend wide open for a little sailing, a little golfing and some handyman work that needs to get done.

The forecast calls for wind, and lots of it, so the sailing will be at the top of the list. Golf and handyman projects be damned!

But Memorial Day weekend means time for the grill and even though I'm cooking for one, I am thinking about some kind of smoked pork project - maybe ribs, maybe a tenderloin. If I cook it early in the weekend, I can eat leftovers until Judy rescues me! I'll get back to you on that one and let you know how it turns out.

So in addition to remembering those who have sacrificed for our freedom this Memorial Day, please have a safe and happy holiday!

No comments: