Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Coming to a Theatre Near You!


I enjoy John Grisham books. I think he is a great storyteller and while some of his books are "brain candy" (The Firm, The Pelican Brief, The Rainmaker, etc.), others have given insight into a legal subject. The King of Torts is a great look into our countries tort system.

The Confession takes a very thought provoking look at capital punishment. The storyline is believable, yet incredible at the same time. This book confirmed my own belief that we must rethink the death penalty. I have come full circle on this subject and I think I appreciated this book more because of that.

The book is very well researched. I found myself wondering who let him stand by their side to go through this experience. It is pretty obvious that Grisham has strong feelings about the death penalty.

I was sitting in the driveway finishing a chapter a couple times. Grisham has a gift for keeping you feeling so "on the edge" for so much of the book.

If you're a Grisham fan, enjoy legal thrillers or want to take another look at capital punishment, I recommend The Confession.



No comments: